A Nespresso machine-newbie needs advice

Incredible319

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Am new to this forum. I hope I am posting in the right subforum

My gf and I are looking forward to buy a Nespresso machine. I have a Jura coffee machine at work and it's very nice but it's not in our budget.

So, while going through the Nespresso machines, I noticed they had one Essanza and a more expensive one Citiz. But most importantly, I realized they are branded differently Krups and Delonghi. I have been checking on the net for the difference between these two brands but not much information.

I checked our local stores (Singapore) and they carry the Delonghi ones which are more expensive than the Krups. I can get the Krups one significantly cheaper from an online dealer.

So my queries are:

a) Is there really a difference between those two brand names? The guy at the shop told me no difference but I am unsure about his experience.

b) The online dealer told me he would recommend the citiz. It's been around for quite a while.

Both the Krups and Delonghi take the nespresso capsules, same pressure 19 bar, etc..

hence what would be your advice?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading.

cheers

CoffeeGeek

Dec 25, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Visit site
All brands that are connected to the Nespresso brand are the same spec, and all at similar prices...but they can have extra features which will push the price up somewhat, but you won't go wrong in buying one, as I've had mine for years, and it truly is a lovely cuppa compared to coffee shops like Star Bucks, and the price per capsule are around 30p, so far cheaper that a cafe, but the taste and aroma are tops! I've 2 Nespresso machines ( 2 properties!).

Latest posts