I need some coffee education!

Tompkinsfamily5

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I am not a coffee addict or a coffee connoisseur but I am about to go back to work (been out with the kids all summer) and something about working makes me just need a cup of coffee on my way to work. No matter how much I try my coffee is awful so I've decided to blame my cheap machine! lol. I am looking to buy a single serve machine (idiot proof) but have gotten so overwhelmed at all the choices and terminology. I'm thinking that maybe I don't really know what I'm looking for so came here for help. I am the only one that drinks coffee in my house - although my kids think they like it but really just like the sugar and chocolate - however I would like something that would do hot chocolate too. If I went to a coffee shop I would order a skinny vanilla latte, that being said, I love the taste and texture but not the calories or carbs even in the skinny version. I typically drink plain coffee with splenda or one of the flavored creamers that has few calories. I like the idea of a machine that will do cappuccinos or lattes but prob will not take the time to froth milk. Is what I drink referred to as just flavored coffee or is the flavored coffee (like in the Kcups) going to have to have splenda too? I was hoping Kcups was the answer to this working mom's dream but just don't know enough about them. I guess the bottom line is, is there a machine or coffee, that I can get the "flavor" of a latte or similar without the calories or carbs and that's quick and easy to use? Thanks for your help!

JJohnson0731

Aug 10, 2011
New Jersey
Visit site
Unfortunately I do not know too much about flavored coffee or machines that alter the coffee. I do like the Keurig quite a bit and enjoy the convience of it, but Kcups can be a pain to purchase. I would also like to recommend something that I am familiar with could help you if you were worried about the health of a latte: a thermogenic fat burning chocolate raspberry latte. I believe it is the first latte that actually burns fat. I have tried it and I really enjoyed the flavor of it as well as the texture. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you a link that gives more information on the product.