Saeco Odea Giro- Descaling

vancity2010

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Saeco Odea Giro super automatic espresso machine. It gets quite pricey to constantly buy the saeco descaling solution at $9.99 a bottle, so I was wondering if there are alternatives?

I have seen many products online for descaling espresso machines and claim that they work for automatic machines also. Can anyone give feedback on what a good not really expensive descaling tablet would be and what types of substances should I avoid using in my machine?

wargun02

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was searching the forum for other alternative ways to descale my Saeco machine as well. I have read some some web sites that one of the cost effective way to descale the machine is to mix white vinegar with water at the ratio of 50:50 as the descaling solution. I have been doing that with my machine for almost a year because I'm having great difficulty in buying the proper official Saeco descaling solution from where I live.

However, I doubt my method is the right way as it was already highlighted in the instruction manual that we should by no means use any form of vinegar to do this...

vancity2010

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Although I no longer have this machine; I found some de scaling stuff at bed bath and beyond. It's in a little box and cost like $7... It worked well