VERY URGENT help needed reg. Rancilio Silivia

amorbavian

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

Have been reading from the sidelines for a while and the reading led me to invest in a Silvia.

Just got it, installed it etc. and now I have my first problem.

Basically, it is that the steam wand goes of on its own (or as soon as I push the coffee button) and that I cannot turn the steam handle at all or do anything to stop it. I was able to turn the handle in the beginning. The only thing I did with the machine is to follow start up instructions: Open steam tap, press main switch and coffee switch at the same time. Close the steam tap when water starts running. Repeat a few times.

Then all of a sudden my problem started...

I guess and hope that some of you know what I am trying to explain and can help...

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: When I switch the main switch on, the steam wand starts pouring out water...then it turns to steam..it stops after some minutes and half a litre of water..then I tried to make an espresso..but again runs water through the steam wand...the coffee puck barely got wet..no coffee ran through the filter..WTF?

Last edited:

amorbavian

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Man, how I wish it was that simple! The issue is that the steam knob is blocked - it cannot turn at all. I am guessing some problem with the valve or the gasket. Cannot figure it out, so I have to send it for repairs. Do not want to do something with it and void the warranty - even though the retailer offered me to send a new valve and I could replace it myself.

I just cannot understand WHY the problem occured. The machine cannot be this fragile?