Bar32 can make good foam

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
So I've had a Bar32 for like 6 months now, always had iffy foaming ability. Sometimes it was ok, sometimes it seemed ehhh. Seems this machine much prefers a longer warmup. So today I let it warm up for 40 minutes, and even switched to steam to get the boiler hotter once, then turned on a few times to heat up internals. So after making the espresso, went to steam the milk in the metal pitcher. Usually I use a smaller cup so I only did half a cup of milk before, I used a larger cup now so did 3/4 of whole milk..... it worked perfect. For the 1st time it made excellent foam, just smooth thick paint like consistency. Coffee was so good this morning.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Any espresso machine will benefit from an extended warmup. Just because a minimum time limit has been reached or a READY light clicks ON/OFF means little, as most owner manuals would have you to believe.

Switching to steam for a few seconds before extracting can help heat the boiler a bit which gives more temperature consistency. This is common practice for alot of Single Boiler Dual Use machines.