Making espresso in a Keurig?

This is a discussion on Making espresso in a Keurig? within the Coffee and Espresso Machines forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; So we just got a Platinum model and don't have room for both MY espresso mating and HER new toy. I don't see ANYONE selling ...

Making espresso in a Keurig?

So we just got a Platinum model and don't have room for both MY espresso mating and HER new toy. I don't see ANYONE selling espresso for the Keurigs but it did come with the "my K-cup" adapter thingie. Question is, can I just put my ground expresso into the k-cup thing and brew that way? size cup setting do I use to get how many shots out? I usually drop 4 shots of espresso into some ice and milk with some mocha powder for my daily dose, now I'm clueless what and how to do it. The size settings on this thing are bizarre and make little sense to me, please someone HELP!!!!!

many thanks!
    -Adam

2. # ADS

Ground espresso? NO, as I highly doubt the pump in it produces nearly enough pressure to push water through anything too fine. Based on what Keurig owners tell me, the grind in the K-cups is slightly finer than what would be acceptable for drip coffee. From what I gather the Keurigs do extract under pressure, but it's minimal when compared to the 7-9 bar range needed for decent espresso extraction.

Don't know what sort of over pressure protection it may have and I have heard of pump problems being common in them and this could be one reason for it... people grinding too fine for the reusable adapters.

IMO there is no substitute for espresso and simply make room for your machine and hers. BTW, what type of machine do you use for espresso offerings?
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Thanks for the info, nothing special as far as the machine, I was using a Mr Coffee machine I got at target for about $100 a couple years ago, yet somehow it did the job, one day I'd love to grab one of those Saeco machines Costco sells for like $500...

I bought some of the Green Mountain espresso k-cup packs and I find on the smallest cup setting they're not too bad, about a 7 out of 10 for me. Sad thing is though, they discontinued them back in August I just read so not sure what I'm going to do when they're all out of stock lol...

Cleared off some space, we're now a 2 machine household =/

Super Moderator
    Hello "Adam2670"

It's been three months since you cleared off some space for both coffee makers. Are you still using both of them?

Rose

lol...yeah about that...

Just today I finally pulled the trigger on this bad boy!

Making espresso in a Keurig?-web.jpg

So we're just a his and hers coffee household

Making espresso in a Keurig?-web.jpg

Super Moderator
    ~ All I can say is WOW!

I bet you're one happy guy!

Rose

Mocha Powder?

Where do you get your mocha powder? Have you found any that is similar to Starbucks? I tried to buy it from Starbucks, but they won't sell it.

You can buy the Starbucks mocha powder right from Amazon! I can't post links just yet but just search Amazon for "Starbucks Mocha Powder 14oz".

Ads