Espresso machine that can brew 3-4 shots at a time?

jkc120

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get a new espresso machine and I'm hoping to find one that can brew at least 3 or 4 shots simultaneously/at once (to save time in the morning). I typically drink a large latte with 3 shots (from Peet's Coffee). So I'd really like a machine that can do 3 or 4 shots. My old machine was great, but would only do two at a time and had a tendency to explode on me when removing the levered connection.

So besides 3+ shots at a time, I'm also looking for these features:

- automatic frother if possible (so I can just set it for say a latte or cappuccino froth and let it go)
- optional: automatic bean grinder
- optional: strength controls

I'm not yet sure of my budget/price range, but I'd say $200 or less (willing to forgo the optional features to get it into this price range).

If anyone has some recommendations, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance! :)

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Its not going to happen with that budget. Your going to be pretty hard pressed to find a low end machine that will produce triples. Honestly just take the time to pull two doubles and be happy with it. If you go to Starbucks down the street they do the same thing. They quit producing single shots for consistency issues. So take the extra time pull two doubles, it will pay off and yield a much better drink.

jkc120

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response! I'm ok with doing 2x2 pulls I guess. :) Was just hoping to save some time. With that said, I have no idea how to tell which machines are good and which are not. I do have a consumerreports.org account, and their list is quite short. But the DeLonghi EC155 was rated close to the others which were $300, $600, $700 and $1800 O_O. I can't post a link here, since this is only my 2nd post. But if you search amazon you'll find it. It retails for $140, but on amazon right now it's selling for $79.99.

Thoughts on this one?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
The DeLonghi isn't going to be very capable of drinkable espresso. Set your budget a bit higher if any way possible. May sound tough now, but it will pay off in the cup.

You don't want to bother with anything auto if you really want decent quality in the cup.

The discounted price happens for a reason...