Newbie here and need help for a gift...

ChewiesArmy

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
1st off...hi all. I am new to the boards and although I am a non coffee drinker, my wife loves lattes...actually iced lattes. I am looking to get her an espresso maker so she can maker her lattes but am a bit lost, so...

1. Lattes are made with an espresso maker, right? From what I have read, espresso makers are used to make lattes and capps?

2. Are there makers that make coffee and espresso, or, do you need a machine for each?

3. If there is a machine that can make both, are there machines that accept pods and grounds? I am hesitant in purchasing a maker that deals with just pods in case they change something and the pods aren't available anymore so if that ever happens you can still use it with grounds.

Just to let you have a better idea of what I am looking for, I don't really want to spend more that $200 but I might go up to $250.

Thanks in advance!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Sigh... Yes there is. Go down to your local Walmart and find a dual coffee brewer and espresso machine.

Honestly you can do a lot better but your going to have to spend a little. If you want to put a grin on your wife from ear to ear you might try a Rancilio Silvia with Rocky grinder but that's going to set you back about $1000. Is it worth it, yep. Unlike what your going to buy at Walmart for $250 that may work for a year or two the Silvia is work horse and will most likely still be going strong 10 - 15 years out or possibly longer if you take care of it properly. That is the difference between buying something cheap or actually spending a little bit more for a lot more quality.