Which Coffee Machine for the Lazy?

rafamp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

I'm looking for a coffee machine to buy in the US that I can use to make my own coffee throughout the day, I know nothing about making coffee, and I'd like a machine that you just need to put the Coffe and Water and then it'll magically make you coffee when you press a button. I'll be having just one or two cups at a time.

However, I can't get these capsule machines because they are quite expensive in Brazil.

I'm looking to spend not more than $160 dollars shipped to my hotel.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
A lot of this is going to be out of your budget but its the best I can do for the amount of lazy your wanting to work with.

Capresso CoffeeTEAM TS Coffee Maker over budget
KM7000 - Specialty Machines - Krups USA - at $150
Amazon.com: Saeco 12-Cup Automatic Drip Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and Burr Grinder, Stainless Steel: Kitchen & Dining under budget

I've only used the Capresso team so I don't know about the rest. It makes a decent cup. Can you have better, oh yeah but its not going to happen with your budget and laziness.

rafamp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I just found out that you can use refillable capsules on the Nespresso machine, ever heard of these? I'd post the link but i dont have 5 posts yet.

Is the Nespresso machine better than these models?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I had a capsule machine for about 30 minutes. Put it back in the box and threw it on the shelf. About 6 months later needed space on the shelf and didn't think twice about pitching the capsule brewer in the trash. Capsules are for people who want instant and really don't care about quality. So if your that person try it out.

I couldn't stand the taste of the capsules. I've been drinking specialty coffee house coffee for over 15 years now and just couldn't wrap my head around the taste of a capsule. I tried just about everyone's caps out there and there were a few that were pretty good but I can make better coffee on a Mr. Coffee then they could out of there capsule and that says a lot for Mr. Coffee!

rafamp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a capsule machine for about 30 minutes. Put it back in the box and threw it on the shelf. About 6 months later needed space on the shelf and didn't think twice about pitching the capsule brewer in the trash. Capsules are for people who want instant and really don't care about quality. So if your that person try it out.

I couldn't stand the taste of the capsules. I've been drinking specialty coffee house coffee for over 15 years now and just couldn't wrap my head around the taste of a capsule. I tried just about everyone's caps out there and there were a few that were pretty good but I can make better coffee on a Mr. Coffee then they could out of there capsule and that says a lot for Mr. Coffee!

Which one would you rather have: Mr. Coffee, Nespresso or Keurig?

I drank the Nespresso a few times and I thought the coffee was pretty good, but I'm accostumed to drink the lousy coffee made in my university.

Last edited:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Honestly when I'm at home I boil water on the stove and just do the pour over method. I have a simple Melitta cone, add filter, grind coffee, pour water, part way through stir grinds, pour more water, sit and drink cup of coffee. Just that simple. This is a very cheap solution.

For you all you need is an electric water kettle, cone, filters, grinder and beans. Can skip last part if your purchasing your coffee pre-ground.

You can even step it up a notch and purchase a cone that allows you to steep your coffee a bit before you brew. Clever Coffee Dripper w/ Lid - Pour-Over - Brewers

CoffeeGeek

Dec 25, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Visit site
for a truly great coffee taste in an instant, a Nespresso machine is what you want, and so easy to maintain without the washing up and emptying!
I just found out that you can use refillable capsules on the Nespresso machine, ever heard of these? I'd post the link but i dont have 5 posts yet.

Is the Nespresso machine better than these models?