Help needed to identify a coffee machine

Attila

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just got a coffee machine from one of my customers (I am a refrigeration engineer working mostly in catering), they say the service quoted too much to get it fixed so they wanted to get rid of it.
That's when I took it as it would be perfect to my office/workshop as we all love good coffee.
This piece is a proper 2 group coffee machine with all features eg. hot water and steam. I tried to plug it in and it powers up so I suspect the problem will be found around the heating system, I didn't have a proper inspection yet, was just trying to get some information about it, possible parts suppliers.
Here is the problem, I have googled the make and model and can't find any info.
On the front it has logo "Horizon Traditional", and one sticker inside with the exact type and model and serial, but it is so worn that it's not possible to read it anymore.
Has anyone heard about this make or model? Where can I get parts for it? I'm missing the handles and filters, are these parts universal just to buy, or will I need to look for this exact brand?
Any information would help about this, as I've never got coffee machine to my hand and now I'm really excited about it.

Thanks

Attila

Attila

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answer.
In the meantime I lent a portafilter and it fits perfectly so I got the conclusion that it is universal part.
Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to make a water connection for it, so I can have a proper inspection.
Here are some pictures as the question is still up: where will I find spares, gaskets, washers...etc. I'd like to give it a nice service.

Attachments

• P1060210.jpg
    P1060210.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 755
  • P1060204.jpg
    P1060204.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 1,131
  • P1060205.jpg
    P1060205.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 785
Last edited by a moderator:
I am picking this as a Visacrem machine- an older vintage of the KB200 (Brava). Its quite a distinctive design- the pressure guages on the left and right hand sides of the machine and the hex shaped frontage. Believe it is Spanish in origin and you can visit the website > Original press articles about our company: Quality Espresso . I am sure they can point you to a distributor of spareparts in your country.
Here is a jpeg of a more modern version, might help you to confirm my suspicions > http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqMMzfYoKOqtL7uhO9b1HmlQLWZcXB-khpKZlsiaolBIsagdnk

Goodluck

Last edited:

Attila

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Finally I managed to plumb it in and powered up. The machine is actually in a much better condition than I expected, the heater system works perfectly, heats up to the proper pressure, no leaks, fairly clean inside.
It has only one problem, it blows the fuse every time I press the hot water button, so I will have to check on that.

Actually some advice would be nice about what should I check on it, are there any parts like gaskets or rubber rings which would worth replacing straight away? Also I'm thinking about taking the boiler apart and descaling... Any advice welcome :)
And if someone knows a good place to buy spares (UK) as every time I'm googling spares it gives me results for service companies...

Thanks

MrJDA

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if I could get some help identifying mine as well. I am looking at buying this from a guy for a gift and want to make sure I am not getting ripped off.

5Fa5Ja5M73If3J13Hfbcs8299185e07a511be.jpeg5Na5G75Mb3Ka3M23L3bcs72f191e0c2c217bf.jpeg

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated!

Attila

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Grouphead nightmare

Hi,

I have just done some work on my coffee machine, and found some interesting things :) (for all beginners can be a good lesson)

First I was trying to remove the shower plate carefully and the group seals, half an hour later found myself sweating with a hammer and a chisel in my hands... I thought its just not right, it shouldn't be this hard, I was worried that I'm doing something wrong and will damage the machine completely, but later I found that I done it in the right way, the only thing that actually the previous owner probably have never changed group seals, never backflushed the machine, not even mentioning cleaning the shower plate. The rubber rings were as hard as rock.

The screen of the showerplate was ripped on the side and the whole grouphead was full of coffee pieces, so I decided to take it fully apart.
First I removed everything from the jet and injector area, and the solenoid from the bottom. Some nasty slimy liquid came out. Then I've spotted some "screw" inside, carefully tried to move it with a socket spanner when it suddenly blew into thousand pieces. It was the injector support as I found it out later... It is made of copper and was just so thin that from the first movement it just burst (Some more smelly dark water was coming out this time as well)

I thought to myself that's it, I broke it completely and it's never gonna be a coffee machine again, or defenietly not on the right side :)
But after taking off the whole grouphead (undoing the locknuts were the hardest ever...) and having a closer look made me feel that I done the right thing. It is full of coffee pieces everywhere, even under the group spray nozzle. Was so dirty my hands became black just from holding it.

I have new shower screens and group seals already, now I'm about to buy new injector supports and nozzle filters and give the whole grouphead a nice boiling shower to clean it out.

Any advice on what other parts worth a closer look?

Thanks

timheinze

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at buying a machine just like this. Maybe a little newer but not by much. I would love to be able to bounce some of my questions off of you. I live in China and need a place to find spare parts as the one I'm buying also needs a refurb.

dino

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Attila

I have seen your post regarding the Visacrem KB200. I have aquired the same machine undera different name (Horizon Traditional)

I am looking for user manual and also how to set the coffee lengths. If you have any information on that then I would be ever so glad to receive your help.

Many thanks in advance
Dino

Attachments

• horizoncoffee-machine-2.jpg
    horizoncoffee-machine-2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 272
  • horizoncoffee-machine-insid.jpg
    horizoncoffee-machine-insid.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 216

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Have you played with it trying to set it yet? If so what have you tried? I would either hold down the largest size serving button on the left side and wait for it to start blinking. If it blinks hit the smallest button and water should come out...wait for desired amount and hit the smallest button again. That should set the first button...repeat this on each of the other sizes. Let us know how your make out. Good luck