Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Over time, I have accumulated 5 My K Cups and 5 EkoBrews. I pre-fill and keep them in a FoodSaver vacuum sealed canister and use as needed - pulling a new vacuum each time one or more are used. This way, the coffee remains very fresh. I generally use "Chock ful o' Nuts" New York Roast coffee. Everything equal, I find there is slightly more "fines residue" using the EkoBrew. As a definite NON expert, I find both work equally well and produce a VERY acceptable cup of brew.

Quote Originally Posted by mopleez View Post
    I love using the Keurig "My KCup" (I've tried one of the other ones - I think it was brown) But I ordered the larger basket-filter by Medelco that fits into the "My KCup" - a great combination - holds more grounds, rinses easier. I'll try to add a pix later.

-Phil
    Thanks for the tip. I never heard of the Medelco baskets until your post. Now have 4 of them. The regular My K-cup basket holds about 10 or 11 grams of grounds, but the Medelco holds 15 or 16 grams. Perfect fit in the MKC holder - a real winner.

I use the EZ-Cup one it works pretty well.

If you reused your k-cup, you think you'd keep the filter inside of it? I asked because I seen this article that explains how the k-cup is made and one of the pictures shows the filter inside of it. but with the my k-cup (I have one btw) the mesh siding is how the water seeps out of the coffee grounds I'm guessing. And also it is true that the finer the coffee ground is, the more taste you get in your coffee. that same article brought that out too that i was reading.

We have used the Ekorbrew units and found them very good. There is something a little more satisfy about "packing" your own - so to speak. When we do use the traditional k-cups we do break them open after use and put it in the garden compost. Once broken down with the other garden waste the plants love it!

The other unit we thought of trying at some point to see what it is like is the solofill.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links