Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

reusable k- cups

I am wanting to get a reusable k-cup for my Keurig maker. There are several different brands and types out there. All of them have pros and cons about them, but I am trying to find the ones that work best and has the least problems with them. If any body has any expertize about them the information will be useful.

I am not sure of the brand as I got it at the grocery store. It is just a little mesh filter with a flip-up lid. You just fill it and put it in just like a regular K-cup. I like the coffee a LOT better when I use this as opposed to the pre-measured cups.

Before that I tried the single cup maker that came with the machine (at least I think it came with it) but I like the little mesh cup better.

Hope this helps.

I purchased the one made by Keurig...but I haven't tired it yet. I'm too chicken LOL

I love using the Keurig "My KCup" (I've tried one of the other ones - I think it was brown) But I ordered the larger basket-filter by Medelco that fits into the "My KCup" - a great combination - holds more grounds, rinses easier. I'll try to add a pix later.

-Phil
    (Using Tapatalk)

Quote Originally Posted by mopleez View Post
    I love using the Keurig "My KCup" (I've tried one of the other ones - I think it was brown) But I ordered the larger basket-filter by Medelco that fits into the "My KCup" - a great combination - holds more grounds, rinses easier. I'll try to add a pix later.

-Phil
    (Using Tapatalk)
    Here's the comparison of the filter that comes with the Keurig KCup and the (larger) Medelco filter.

-Phil
    (Using Tapatalk)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reusable k- cups-medelco-l-keurig-r.jpg  

Ekobrew

Just found out about Ekobrew.com from CoffeeTalk recently, but I don't know how well they work.

Quote Originally Posted by katiedid View Post
    I purchased the one made by Keurig...but I haven't tired it yet. I'm too chicken LOL
    Don't be afraid. What came with your Keurig brewer is called "My K-Cup." It's a little wire mesh filter cup that sits inside of a plastic housing with a screw-on top. Some brewers come with these and some don't. I have a Keurig Mini Plus and that brewer doesn't come with one. So I borrowed the one from home. It's really easy to use.

You just fill the little wire basket with the desired amount of coffee, slip it into the grey holster and you're almost set to brew coffee. The one thing you have to do is take out the black pod holster that is in your Keurig machine now. It should have a little white arrow on it. I just slide my fingers under the sides of it and it pops right out. Now insert the My K-Cup in there and brew as you normally would. My problem with any replacement for the plastic K-Cups is cleaning the wire basket. I am at work and only have a kitchenette sink, nothing with a disposal or anything like that, so I hesitate to throw all the grounds down the sink.

I don't have a garden so I have no need for the used grounds, I just get as much out with a plastic knife, as I use the EkoBrew cup myself now and send what little is left over down the sink. I do get a lot of sediment when I brew a cup of coffee, but I think that has to do with the grind setting Starbucks used when they ground the beans I purchased. I've heard that with the EkoBrew, you should ask Starbucks to use a # 8 or # 9 grind. I don't know which is better. I told them it was for a Keurig, but at the bottom and all down the sides of my cup is sediment, that's too much for me, a little is fine, but I don't think I should be seeing that much. But the EkoBrew is brewing the best cups of coffee I've had since the days of my French Press.

Quote Originally Posted by tazadeluna View Post
    Just found out about Ekobrew.com from CoffeeTalk recently, but I don't know how well they work.
    It works great for me. Best coffee I've had since the days of my French Press. As I told another poster, my only complaint is cleaning it out as I don't want all the grounds going down my sink and possibly clogging it. I have one of those kitchenette sinks here at work, so no disposal or anything like that. Just a plunger in case of a slow drain. But yeah my EkoBrew works fantastic and I prefer it over the My K-Cup that comes with some machines. You just pop it in the K-Cup holster that's already in your machine, but one trick. Since you have to line it up with the needle in the back of your machine, that's usually used to puncture K-Cups, I tip it back a bit when I put it in and it slides in smoothly. It drove me nuts for a day as how to properly insert it, since the instructions never mentioned this step.

I think you tried what I'm currently using, the EkoBrew. It's a brown wire mesh filter with a flip top. Does that sound about right? I love it. I've never heard of the Medelco that fits into the My K-Cup assembly, I may have to check that out at a later date.

Regular K-cups for the win.

- KanyEvil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links