Saeco Odea Go Giro Plus- Inconsistent taste- Why?

vancity2010

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My Saeco Odea Go Giro Plus is over a year old and I notice allot that it brews inconsistent tasting coffee quite often. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why? I descale the machine everytime it is needed. The grinder is set to fine.

Will the taste of the coffee change/get better with a coarser grind setting?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Can you elaborate more on the inconsistent taste? How often do you clean the grinder out? How many pounds of coffee would you estimate has been ran through the machine? Do you use it daily or is it hit and miss?

vancity2010

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't really clean the grinder because I didn't know you could. So many pounds of coffee have been ran through the machine since I first got it so it is hard to estimate. The machine is used daily about 5 times on average...

The hot water temp is also inconsistent, sometimes it will be hot and make a great tasting cup of coffee and other times the water is not quite hot enough....

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I'm sure there is a way to clean the grinder on pretty much any machine, just can't comment on the difficulty that'd be involved.

You could possibly need new burrs as they don't last forever. If you're running it 5 times daily stale coffee sitting around shouldn't be too likely.

When it extracts the espresso do you notice the timing/flow being inconsistent or pretty much average?

Regarding the hot water inconsistency, do you let the machine heat up a decent amount of time before each use? I know those machines flash heat water as it passes through a thermoblock of some sort, but any machine will benefit from an extended warm-up time. Some make the mistake of turning a machine ON, wait till the ready light indicates GO and let it roll.