Brainstorming new ideas on single cup coffee maker topics

shibli123

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I own a blog where i put useful information about single cup coffee makers (can be found on my signature).

I am brainstorming for new post ideas on a topic related to my blog that can really help people and convey some value to my readers but couldn't find any.

I would like to have your suggestion if you have any.

Thanks in advance.

Shibli

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Post this on other forums such as CoffeeGeek and Home-Barista just to see what kind of remarks you get. At least you received NO feedback here.

Personally I'm not thrilled the least bit by single cup brewing devices. They are suitable for those that want consistent, drinkable coffee with virtually no prep or mess. If you truly want outstanding quality look elsewhere.

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'll play

How about a "cost analysis" about how economical single cup brewer is vs. buying coffee 1 day, 3 days, and 5 days a week or something like that.

Or reviews of different kcups?

S

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Actually buying K-cups is a bit costly compared to what I do for drip. On average people I know spend .62 per serving. Of course cheaper bulk options can be had as well as using the reusable K-cup cartridge for different/cheaper options.

I can brew 75 oz. of quality drip for around $1.60, leaving me with SIX 12 oz. servings for about .27 each.

One advantage I do see with the single cup brewers is the ability to sample lots of different coffees in sampler packs without committing to buying large amounts.

shibli123

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Great response from Mr. Shave and Shadow. I really appreciate it. The cost analysis idea from Mr. Shave is really interesting and unique, thanks a lot. I am taking the challenge with pleasure and will let this thread know as soon as i publish a killer post about it on my blog. :)

shibli123

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. Been really busy with my office...

The post about cost analysis per cup of coffee is live already. Since Coffee Forum doesnt allow posting direct links, please follow the link of my signature to read the entire post.

Your comment really will be appreciated :)

Thanks