Elektra lever machine - what do you think?

FDC

Jan 7, 2012
Scotland
Visit site
New to this forum (25 minutes!) and apologies if someone has already asked this question but I am about to commit to buy an Elektra Micro Casa A Leva espresso machine. I have been using a Gaggia bean to cup the last few years but it hasnt been the most reliable thing (in being repaired again). I am in Scotland (hello to you all out there!) so will be buying from UK. While all the reviews I have read are very +, and the two outlets I have spoken to recommend it (they would though given the cost of the machine!), I wanted some impartial thoughts on people's experience with this machine. Anything I should be wary of?
I know its a jump from a b2c machine but a lever machine is def the way I now want to go.
Thanks in advance for any advice. As we say in Scotland, "hae a guid yin" (have a good one!)

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Elektra machines are high end/hand fabricated works of art for home or commercial use. The Casa A Leva is probably the best lever machine available for home use, unless you can find an Olympia Cremina (which are rare and a bit pricey). The Leva is a spring lever and not full manual, but this can be a good thing for most people as it adds a bit of consistency.

The only negative I know of is the pressurestat fading long before the machine itself ever will. Pressurestats are a fairly cheap/easy fix however, so I wouldn't let that stop me from buying one.