Need help with my first conical burr grinder

MissZazoo

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I love coffee and espresso, but never had anything more than a $15 grinder and a coffee maker. My old grinder went bad a few months ago, and since then I have been using preground starbucks or other higher-end beans from the grocery store. I'm quite pleased with the coffee I get, but I decided to up my game and move into the conical burr grinders. I picked the Capresso Infinity because it seemed to be a great value- the least expensive grinder you could get that still delivers nice quality.

My problem- I have made three pots of coffee using the Capresso ground beans, and they were all HORRIBLE. My preground beans make a much better coffee. What am I doing wrong? I am using the same quality of beans, and I have tried three different grind settings: high medium, light medium, and high fine. The coffee is weak and blah. You can see through the coffee!

I am not doing anything differently except using the Capresso vs. ground beans. Same coffe maker, same filters, same setting on coffee maker. This grinder was supposed to revolutionize my coffee... but it is ruining it. Help!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Try grinding a bit finer. With the Infinity you don't have to rely on the marked settings and can hold the hopper between any of them to give more variation during the grinding process.

Are you using the same amount of coffee per batch?