Gaggia Espresso Color Excess Water Around Thread Of Double Spout

saxplayer67

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I have a Gaggia Espresso Color which was ex display from a Gaggia shop and it leaks water as it is pouring coffee through the double spout at the base of the filter holder. The water is leaking between the thread and the spout part, so I don't think it's a group heard gasket problem. I have removed, cleaned and screwed the spout back on but it is still giving all the water. Is there meant to be a rubber ring where the thread is? The spout was very hard to unscrew but I got there eventually and have screwed it back on as much as I can, given the tightness of the joint.

The coffee I produce is not that hot either and I bet that's donw to so much water being added to the coffee by the leaking thread.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks!

Topcat

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Gaggia color

Hi there

I have a Gaggia Espresso Color which was ex display from a Gaggia shop and it leaks water as it is pouring coffee through the double spout at the base of the filter holder. The water is leaking between the thread and the spout part, so I don't think it's a group heard gasket problem. I have removed, cleaned and screwed the spout back on but it is still giving all the water. Is there meant to be a rubber ring where the thread is? The spout was very hard to unscrew but I got there eventually and have screwed it back on as much as I can, given the tightness of the joint.

The coffee I produce is not that hot either and I bet that's donw to so much water being added to the coffee by the leaking thread.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks!
I have the same problem,ie leaks. Part of the fun,as others have posted here in the UK with the same problem. Correct burr grinding of the beans is a top priority and you should aim for a reasonably fine grind. Tamper it down well and experiment. I use a Brodies Stromboli beans to get my good coffee. As Brodies is half a mile from me in Musselburgh Scotland it makes sense. Experimentation is the way forward! Cheers James Culbert.

saxplayer67

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem,ie leaks. Part of the fun,as others have posted here in the UK with the same problem. Correct burr grinding of the beans is a top priority and you should aim for a reasonably fine grind. Tamper it down well and experiment. I use a Brodies Stromboli beans to get my good coffee. As Brodies is half a mile from me in Musselburgh Scotland it makes sense. Experimentation is the way forward! Cheers James Culbert.

Noooo - I have never ground coffee, I have exclusively used coffee pods with it. So fine grinding etc. not an issue. Have checked and the leak isn't from the thread but down the back of the filter holder, so I can only imagine it is the seal - I got a couple but can't work out how to get to the seal to replace it, I unscrewed the shower disc and then the four allen bolts but it just its there wobbling, I can't get anything else apart. No servicers/repairers in my neck of the woods either and I don't want to send it in the post to any internet listed companies, too dodgy about it get lost or damaged.