Do I need Keurig water filter? (I have filtered water system BTW)

This may be a very dumb question, but my anal retentiveness requires me to ask. I just bought the Keurig B60 from Walmart (never knew Walmart stay open until 11pm..) I saw that they were selling the Water Filter Starter Kit. In my anal retentiveness, I bought this filter kit (we have filtered water already in the house - reverse osmosis system). As I read the manual that came with the B60, no where does it mention this kit, however.

Is it unbelievably anally redundant to even have bought this filter kit..or perhaps it is better to use this filter kit, in addition to my filtered water?

Can someone here elaborate on whether I need this kit or not? I was thinking this kit is needed to allow the Keurig B60 to operate more cleaner/efficiently.

Super Moderator
    Hello "Mizuno"

Did your Keurig B60 come with a water filter inside the water tank? I did a quick search, and from what I've read so far, it doesn't look like that model needs a water filter.

I found the water filter kit on the Amazon website, and the descripion makes it seem like it's a optional addition.

Since you already have filtered water at home, you probably won't need the kit. Can you return it to the store?

Or, you can always try making coffee without the filter and then make coffee using the filter and compare the taste and see which method delivers the best taste.

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hello "Mizuno"

Did your Keurig B60 come with a water filter inside the water tank? I did a quick search, and from what I've read so far, it doesn't look like that model needs a water filter.

I found the water filter kit on the Amazon website, and the descripion makes it seem like it's a optional addition.

Since you already have filtered water at home, you probably won't need the kit. Can you return it to the store?

Or, you can always try making coffee without the filter and then make coffee using the filter and compare the taste and see which method delivers the best taste.

Rose
    The information is very interesting.
    Last edited by PinkRose; 03-14-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Removed link to "Ganocafe" from his signature

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links