Curtis Coffee Brewer

KMM

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Need help....double vs. single airpot brewer. My shop is in small town, so business is not big city, with lots of foot traffic. I'm thinking a single brewer will be sufficient. I could have a few airpots and just brew one after the other if necessary??? Question about voltage...The single brewer comes in a dual voltage (220/120) or single 120 volt. Any recommendations?

thanks so much
KMM

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
~ I worked in a small coffee shop that had a double airpot brewer, and it seemed like a waste to me. One airpot brewer and a few airpots, would probably work out better for you.

One other thing to keep in mind...if you brew flavored coffee, be sure to designate an airpot only for that coffee. No matter how well you think you're cleaning out the airpot, the flavor (and smell) of the flavored coffee still seem to stay in it.

Rose

19Corvette56

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
KMM

It looks like you probably don't need the double brewer, so the decision is between the 120 volt single and the dual voltage single. If you have the required 220 volt outlet available, that's what I would do. The higher voltage will significantly decrease the recovery time (the time from when the brewer finishes a brew cycle and to when the water in the tank is ready to brew again). Put another way, if you get busy, you will be able to brew more pots in an hour if you are operating with the 220volt power.

The dual voltage unit is particularly nice since you can run it initially on 120 volt if you don't have 220 volt power available. If later, you get busy enough to want to be able to brew more and faster, you can get an electrician to run you a 220 volt line and with a quick wiring change inside the brewer, you are ready to go.

Good Luck

KMM

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for your response. You've explained things perfectly for me and now I know what to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

KMM