Le'Lit PL53 Grinder for Rancilio Silvia V3?

Startup

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
We have a Capresso Infinity grinder which seems to do a fine job with Miss Silvia. Is it necessary to get a Le'Lit (or other quality grinder in this price range) which seems to be more exclusively for espresso? Will there be a noticeable difference?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
The Infinity is a good all-around grinder and is capable for espresso. The PL53 is stepless and allows super fine tuning, whereas the Infinity has very coarse threads for the burr carrier to ride in and that doesn't give much range for espresso. It (PL53) probably also has alot less retention, which is one thing I don't like with the Infinity. The grind chamber in it is just too large.

There are alot of happy PL53 owners. It has a properly designed (Trespade) conical burr set. Only downfall is it's a bit loud due to the burr set and gearbox combination. Based on reports it's probably on par with low volume commercial grinders like the Mazzer Mini, etc. in terms of grind quality.

I'd say you would see some difference between the two, but I wouldn't believe it'd be night/day like you may be hoping. What's your budget as there may be better options for the $?