Expresso Shots

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Once upon a time, I applied for a job in a cafe, and the interview included answering several written questions about coffee, coffee based beverages, ingredients, etc. Anyone who spelled espresso wrong in their written answers (as in expresso) was disqualified and not considered for the job.

True story.

Rose

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Ironic thing is that it did start out being pronounced as eXpresso, as in "give me an express shot of coffee."

In a commercial setting I had orders placed with an X as often as with an S. It is what it is I guess!

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
"Express shot of coffee" isn't very specific to me. That's like ordering "cookies" instead of "biscotti" or "small sandwiches" instead of "panini."

Yes it is what it is, but just because a lot of people spell it wrong doesn't make it right... The term itself refers specifically to the Italian name for the drink. To me, saying expresso is like when people add "o" at the end of an English word when they don't know how to say it in Spanish. Anyway, I was just informing the OP, I was not making fun of him. :)