KLUB LT-2 any good?

Startup

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a chance to get a KLUB LT2 Teapresso machine at an auction (as described in the newspaper). I've never heard of them. Is there anything I'd want to know or be looking for in this contraption before bidding? Would I even want it? Thank you in advance.

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of it so I looked it up...

Interesting. Looks like Teapresso is a commercial semi-automatic tea AND espresso combo brewer that's popular in Asia. Here's a picture of the LT2:

Teapresso%20Neo%202.jpg

LT2 means it's an L Series two-group (1 tea + 1 coffee). It also comes in a three-group model (2 tea + 1 coffee OR 1 tea + 2 coffee).

Klub Manufacturing of Taiwan (founded 1993) has partnered with Burgess Technology of Seattle to introduce the new technology to cafés throughout North America. Klub Manufacturing is an exporter of Taiwan Beverage Processing Machinery products while Burgess Technology is an espresso, food, and beverage cart and kiosk designer/manufacturer.

Klub Teapresso video from Burgess Enterprises:

I found that Klub Manufacturing has attended the following trade shows (I saw that they also had a booth back in 2007; I didn't find info for 2011):
2010 WTE, June 11-13, 2010
2010 SCAA, April 15-18
2008 20th Annual SCAA Conference & Exhibition
Date : 2008/5/3 ~ 5
Place : Minneapolis,Minnesota.
Booth No. : 1308

I tried to find if it has UL and NSF certification (meeting food and personal safety standards) and I couldn't find it. You might want to contact Burgess Technology about that. (UL= Underwriters Laboratories & NSF= National Sanitation Foundation)

FYI, right now there is a used/refurbished two-group Teapresso for sale on Ebay for US $5,285, to be shipped from Canada.

Also here's a Teapresso website in Australia, they are selling a new two-group Teapresso for $9,000 (I'm assuming AUD).

The Teapresso in action:

Overall, I think it sounds pretty legit, but you should check/contact the sources I posted above. It sounds like a really cool machine, but the businesses I saw online that have them tend to be more like tearooms or teahouses, that have a lot of loose-leaf tea offerings. If that's what you'll be doing, it should fit your concept really well. I would go see it and "test drive" it first before purchasing it, though. I know it's an auction, so I'm not sure if they'll let you do that?

Startup

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Great info. Even if it needed a refurb it could be worth up to $1,000.? Would a quick plug in reveal anything? Keep up the great work tazzadiluna especially and all forum contributors. Thanks.

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't tell you. Like I said, I've never heard of it until I looked it up out of curiosity. You should contact Burgess Technology if you want to know more about the machine. What do you plan on using it for?

Startup

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Update. The Klub sold at auction for 1,475 including a stainless table with wheels. The machine looked OK but the portafilters, though heavy, appeared to be pitted with chrome peeling and possibly rusting.? Based on eBay, it seems like a buy, but none actually sold.

Quanhoang

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Klub teapresso machine

Did you buy the teapresso machine? If so, how does it work for you? Did you like it?

Update. The Klub sold at auction for 1,475 including a stainless table with wheels. The machine looked OK but the portafilters, though heavy, appeared to be pitted with chrome peeling and possibly rusting.? Based on eBay, it seems like a buy, but none actually sold.