Alternative drip methods

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Greetings.

We are opening a new roasting shop in a couple of months. While we plan on offering drip coffee brewed in a fetco to those wanting a quick cup on the run, I've recently been contemplating alternative equipment to brew freshly ground beans for those wanting to sit in the shop a spell.

For instance, I've seen a few different siphon units of various sizes that are said to brew one to five cups of coffee in just a couple of minutes. There are also french press coffee makers and glass drip models.

One of the draws, to me, would be the ability to offer our complete line up of single origin beans to individuals without having to brew excessive amounts of coffee that will quickly lose freshness. I'm contemplating offering a variety of single/double/small pot brewing methods that would be displayed behind the bar and available for customers to pick and choose right along with any bean offering in the shop. I envision a barista grinding the requested beans to order and delivering the equipment to table for the ultimate in freshly brewed coffee pleasure.

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions on models or methods to seek out, or avoid? All comments, concerns and questions are welcome and appreciated.

scott