our new Six-Grinder

Dan

Feb 27, 2012
Israel
Visit site
Hello friends,

Just wanted to proudly tell you about our new Six-Grinder. What do I mean?
I mean six, conical bladed, slow rotating, grind-on-demand grinders in one housing and one power cord.
We designed this little beauty as a reply to demands coming from roasteries and coffee labs but it seems that cafes and chains love it too.
If you want to see a little more of it (new pictures and info coming soon) you can do so at this link.
Oh yeah, "we" are Coffee-Tech Engineering...

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Honestly I have to ask "why bother" when the basic grinder you utilized is just average for espresso?!? That looks like the typical Trespade burr stepless grinder many companies rebadge, just 6 in a row. They do have issues such as grounds retention, a bit slow for on-demand grinding back-back, etc.

You could simply have 2-3 Varios (Baratza/Mahlkonig) side by side that are vastly superior to the Six-Grinder and others for this purpose. The Vario is good on speed, great on lack of retention, great on single dosing capability/versatility...

Sorry, but I'm far from impressed!

Dan

Feb 27, 2012
Israel
Visit site
Shadow,
You're definitely entitled to your own opinion and I'm entitled to disagree.
Since we have this product in many a cafe and coffee academies, I can tell you that it's not slow, even for a very busy cafe.
The whole machine is manufactured by us, using the best conical blades available on the market.
But I don't want to get into a technical argument - I think you just missed the most important point. We wanted to make a product that'll allow cafes and espresso bars to serve more than just one blend/origin and do this without spending many thousands of Euros or Dollars.
You're more than welcome to think that other grinders are superior but I'd suggest doing this only after seeing, and grinding, for yourself.

Dan

Feb 27, 2012
Israel
Visit site
I'll say it again - I do not want to get into a technical argument. I've had too many of those over the years and it's a lose-lose situation.
Answering your question will lead to one of those too-long-to-keep-track-of threads that most people will find tedious, boring and irrelevant.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
No argument needed. Based on size of unit I'd say 38-40mm burrs were used, probably Trespade by design, possibly using a gearbox which will ultimately lead to failure in anything other than a home setting... Have fun with it!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I have to agree with shadow on this. No offense but that's really stupid. What happens when one grinder breaks and a tech like me shows up and says okay empty all the hoppers so I can UNPLUG your grinder and turn it upside down to work on it? Someone is going to be screaming mad.

It reminds me of an all in one fax machine. Its nice putting the scanner, fax, printer and copier all in one box but when the copier dies so does everything else.

My question for you is this, can all the grinders be turned on at once? I'm assuming that if you can then this toy is a 220V setup?

My biggest concern is that setup is almost as wide as a full size 2 group espresso machine and last I checked most store owners consider the bar to be holy ground. Space is at a premium so anything that kills a lot of space tends to get nicked.

Dan

Feb 27, 2012
Israel
Visit site
CCafe, 220V it is.
And I totally agree about spacing; the Six-Grinder is definitely not for anyone and the same goes for grinding multiple blends/origins.
That being said, we originally designed it for coffee academies and labs and shop owners that saw it started approaching us, asking for one for themselves. I might also add that we're working on a Three-Grinder that'll fit more space-restricted places.

sixgrinder4.jpgsixgrinder3.jpgsixgrinder2.jpgsixgrinder1.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Dan,

I noticed that in the photo on the right (in your last post) it appears that roasted coffee beans are in open barrels. Is that just for display? I've never seen anyone do that.... or maybe I just haven't paid attention before.

Rose