Life of Expresso machines

skarrlette

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum and have a question, my husband wants to open a coffee shop/bakery and he is obsessed with espresso and espresso machines. He was thinking about buying a machine USED but he wants to know what the average amount of espresso shots a machine gives over its lifetime before its considered junk? The machine is Thermoplan Black and White 801 someone is selling one and he states that it has given 91,000 shots already so what is left on the machine?

Thanks for any info or help you can give.
Jennifer

curious

Jun 27, 2012
Czech Republic
Visit site
i would go to the repair service of coffee machines ,and ask the local mechanic his opinion.
Most of the time they like to speak about there work and typical problems.

im not yet in coffee business ,but as business owner with a lot of other machinery it saved me sooo much money.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
91K is a drop in the bucket for a 801. I've seen 801's with close to a million cycles on them. But shadow745 is right, you need to know when and how the machine was maintained. 801's can be very expensive to repair.

businessdegree

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
ouch , he counted all those, i don't know i never heard of a espresso machine life time but i can tell you this, see how many years this guy has had it and before you buy it make sure its in good shape and find out what brand it is and then you could figure out how long it will keep running with , with machines like those brand is the most important thing

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
ouch , he counted all those, i don't know i never heard of a espresso machine life time but i can tell you this, see how many years this guy has had it and before you buy it make sure its in good shape and find out what brand it is and then you could figure out how long it will keep running with , with machines like those brand is the most important thing

Did you even bother to read his post or just decided a blind reply was the thing to do?

scotwilson

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum and have a question, my husband wants to open a coffee shop/bakery and he is obsessed with espresso and espresso machines. He was thinking about buying a machine USED but he wants to know what the average amount of espresso shots a machine gives over its lifetime before its considered junk? The machine is Thermoplan Black and White 801 someone is selling one and he states that it has given 91,000 shots already so what is left on the machine?

Thanks for any info or help you can give.
Jennifer

Look skarrlette! one of my friend also wants to open a coffee shop.., so plz send me each & every details regarding this ...,,, THANKS

NovelTeas

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jennifer. I read your post and I am actually selling an excellent, like new UNIC TWIN RUMBA espresso machine. It is a top of the line fantastic machine and very user friendly! If you would like to see pictures and more info please give me a call @ (732) 300-7510. The machine has less than 14 months of use and non-daily use of that. I am only selling because I am moving, otherwise I would keep it myself :) This machine new with accessories is $8K plus depending on where you look. Thanks, Nicole