Trying to find a 54mm pod adapter for the Breville BES840XL. Suggestions?

Breville has kindly replaced my defective 830XL with the new 840XL model. A very nice machine, indeed. Thank you, to my friends at Breville!

My dilemma is that, while I make my espresso the "normal way" using coffee that I grind each time, my wife is not good with doing that. Our solution has been for her to use Lavazza pods. The 830XL had a pod holder, so everything was good, until now.

I just learned that Breville isn't making a suitable pod holder for the new machine. They suggested finding a "universal 54mm pod holder," but so far, I haven't been able to find one.

I've searched for 54mm pod holders and also looked for machines with 54mm portafilters, but that didn't work. I've also called several "specialty" vendors," but no luck there, either.

We have a lot of those Lavazza pods on hand and I'm not optimistic that my wife will be comfortable with the alternative, so I would really appreciate any solutions you might suggest.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Also trying to find a 54mm pod adapter for Breville BES840XL.

I LOVE this new Breville Infuser. But I also LOVE the ease of using ESE pods at times.

Help!

54mm pod filter from Briel

Quote Originally Posted by bmorejoy View Post
    Also trying to find a 54mm pod adapter for Breville BES840XL.

I LOVE this new Breville Infuser. But I also LOVE the ease of using ESE pods at times.

Help!
    Due to stupid rules I can not post a link so here goes.

Well the only one I have found that will fit the 54mm size is from Briel. It's worth the price.

Go to Electra-craft. com and go down to spare parts, click on Briel, look for Briel cremmaster filter (there are 2 types, the cheaper one with the plastic dripper and the metal one, they work the same)
    Last edited by Coffemaster; 03-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffemaster View Post
    Due to stupid rules I can not post a link so here goes.

Well the only one I have found that will fit the 54mm size is from Briel. It's worth the price.

Go to Electra-craft. com and go down to spare parts, click on Briel, look for Briel cremmaster filter (there are 2 types, the cheaper one with the plastic dripper and the metal one, they work the same)
    I suggest you blame the "stupid" rules on the idiotic douches that litter forums with SPAM.

I have nothing to add to the pod thread as I believe they are about as useless as capsules. Of course not everybody wants the added steps of sourcing/storing/maintaining fresh coffee, grinding/dosing/distributing per shot, etc. Problem is once you've achieved GREAT espresso from those added steps anything less just won't cut it.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Just a quick note to say thank you for posting this. I have access to a bunch of Lavazza pods and use the 54mm portafilter in my 840XLs. I know pods are not as good as grinding, but sometimes you are in a rush. anyhoo, I ordered the Briel cremmaster filter from the above link and I am now sipping on my Lavazza pods espresso. It works. I now have a pod holder for my Breville!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links