Trying to find a 54mm pod adapter for the Breville BES840XL. Suggestions?

GeneL

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Breville has kindly replaced my defective 830XL with the new 840XL model. A very nice machine, indeed. Thank you, to my friends at Breville!

My dilemma is that, while I make my espresso the "normal way" using coffee that I grind each time, my wife is not good with doing that. Our solution has been for her to use Lavazza pods. The 830XL had a pod holder, so everything was good, until now.

I just learned that Breville isn't making a suitable pod holder for the new machine. They suggested finding a "universal 54mm pod holder," but so far, I haven't been able to find one.

I've searched for 54mm pod holders and also looked for machines with 54mm portafilters, but that didn't work. I've also called several "specialty" vendors," but no luck there, either.

We have a lot of those Lavazza pods on hand and I'm not optimistic that my wife will be comfortable with the alternative, so I would really appreciate any solutions you might suggest.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

bmorejoy

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Also trying to find a 54mm pod adapter for Breville BES840XL.

I LOVE this new Breville Infuser. But I also LOVE the ease of using ESE pods at times.

Help!

Coffemaster

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
54mm pod filter from Briel

Also trying to find a 54mm pod adapter for Breville BES840XL.

I LOVE this new Breville Infuser. But I also LOVE the ease of using ESE pods at times.

Help!

Due to stupid rules I can not post a link so here goes.

Well the only one I have found that will fit the 54mm size is from Briel. It's worth the price.

Go to Electra-craft. com and go down to spare parts, click on Briel, look for Briel cremmaster filter (there are 2 types, the cheaper one with the plastic dripper and the metal one, they work the same)

Last edited:

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Due to stupid rules I can not post a link so here goes.

Well the only one I have found that will fit the 54mm size is from Briel. It's worth the price.

Go to Electra-craft. com and go down to spare parts, click on Briel, look for Briel cremmaster filter (there are 2 types, the cheaper one with the plastic dripper and the metal one, they work the same)

I suggest you blame the "stupid" rules on the idiotic douches that litter forums with SPAM.

I have nothing to add to the pod thread as I believe they are about as useless as capsules. Of course not everybody wants the added steps of sourcing/storing/maintaining fresh coffee, grinding/dosing/distributing per shot, etc. Problem is once you've achieved GREAT espresso from those added steps anything less just won't cut it.

womble

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
Just a quick note to say thank you for posting this. I have access to a bunch of Lavazza pods and use the 54mm portafilter in my 840XLs. I know pods are not as good as grinding, but sometimes you are in a rush. anyhoo, I ordered the Briel cremmaster filter from the above link and I am now sipping on my Lavazza pods espresso. It works. I now have a pod holder for my Breville!

FrancescoC

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
@Womble @Coffeemaster very happy to have come across this forum. I am also looking for something to make the machine easier for my wife. A few questions of clarification

1) The filter adapter is for coffee pods (like a nespresso) or ESE pods?

2) Also can you check the images below to see whether these are the ones you are referring to? The metal one doesnt look like it is for ESE pods... Screenshot_20201011-220418_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201011-220314_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201011-220418_Chrome.jpg

womble

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
@FrancescoC I think it's the one with the orange background.

I dug out my order and it has this on the invoice:
(DP537H30) Briel Cremmaster Filter - 1 cup - brown bottom
$14.95 X 1 = $14.95

Try contacting Electra-Craft and ask them exactly what that part is, as it works perfectly in my 840XLS.

It takes the ESE pods.

Hope that helps!

Josefine

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
How to assemble it

@FrancescoC I think it's the one with the orange background.

I dug out my order and it has this on the invoice:
(DP537H30) Briel Cremmaster Filter - 1 cup - brown bottom
$14.95 X 1 = $14.95

Try contacting Electra-Craft and ask them exactly what that part is, as it works perfectly in my 840XLS.

It takes the ESE pods.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for this very helpful post. Now, I bought the part with te metal and plastic ring. How do I assemble it in my porta filter? Inside the single wall single espresso? The double wall? Or? Thanks for the feedback in advance!

chefcct

Aug 5, 2022
Chicago
Visit site
Just a quick note to say thank you for posting this. I have access to a bunch of Lavazza pods and use the 54mm portafilter in my 840XLs. I know pods are not as good as grinding, but sometimes you are in a rush. anyhoo, I ordered the Briel cremmaster filter from the above link and I am now sipping on my Lavazza pods espresso. It works. I now have a pod holder for my Breville!
Womble,
I just ordered the exact same part. How exactly are you using it in your Breville?
I'm not sure what to do with it.
Thank you.
Chris

chefcct

Aug 5, 2022
Chicago
Visit site
How to assemble it

Thanks for this very helpful post. Now, I bought the part with te metal and plastic ring. How do I assemble it in my porta filter? Inside the single wall single espresso? The double wall? Or? Thanks for the feedback in advance!
I have the exact same question... did you get an answer?
Chris