Tech specs for old Wega

manuwa

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a small coffee shop that comes with an old coffee machine. I'm really struggling to find information on the machine and my lack of experience is not helping.

It's a semi-automatic Wega with one group head. On the metal plate is "Anzola deli'Emilia", which I'm assuming is where it was made. It also has W2700 (wattage?), V230 (volts?) and a number 231555.

What I'm wanting to know is:

1) whether this machine has a three way valve system,
2) whether it has to be plumbed into mains or will work from water tanks (so that it is relatively mobile), and
3) what the group head size is likely to be.

Can I just take these for granted? Should I rather pay first to have the machine serviced by a technician?

Finally, any ideas on what it would be valued at once restored to good working condition?

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Find out how old it is first. If the thing is much older then 10 years you might as well buy a new one. I'm not sure what you are asking on 1?
2 almost any machine can work on water tanks. You can buy a Flojet water bottle pump. Take the line off of it and hook up 3/8 john guest tubing to accomplish this. Now just hook it up to your wega and away you go. Self priming the espresso machine from the bottle and using the internal pump is possible but not recommended.

3 I think they are 57mm.