Fetco brewing question....

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey, kids....

I just posted this question in the "what are you drinking today," thread, and figured it couldn't hurt ot post it here as well in its own thread.

I experimented with brewing through our new (used) fetco drip machine today. Using approximately 105 grams of coffee/1/2 gal. ground to medium drip w/ four minute brew time and 10% pre-wet @ 205* produced a brew that was too strong for my taste. (Made a batch of yerg, guat and sidamo.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Scott

laCoffeeMills

Aug 10, 2012
West Coast
Visit site
Scott,

Try adjusting brew time near 2:30 with a two minute drip out.
Back off to about 95g of coffee ground near #7 coarse setting.
Lower brew temp to 198 as heat will accumulate to 202.
What beans are you using?

-J

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, J.

We are using organic beans sourced from coops and small producers, including a Guatemalan Quiche - Chujlense, Nicaraguan Segovia prodecoop, Braziian Faz Colina estate, Yergacheffe Harfusa coop, Sidamo Oromia and Sumatra Ika KKGO.

I'll program the machine to the settings recommended this morning and give it a go. Not sure how to control the drip out. As far as the # 7 course setting on the grinder, that sounds like a finer drip grind than I was using.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The new settings have worked out great. The demo at the local health food store Saturday was a great way for us to get in front of our target market.

Thanks again for the assistance. it really helped us fine-tune the drip program.

scott