Question about Kiosks

Tweek

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm looking to potentially open up a coffee kiosk. The problem has been finding a good location. I'm curious if anyone here has found a location for a kiosk and how you were able to get the location?

Also, if plumbing is not available, how do you dispose after the waste water?

Thank you for any info!

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Tweek and welcome.
All good questions. I know myself that finding a kiosk location is very difficult. In my other businesses that we ran in shopping malls the rent was very high but worth it for the traffic flow. Unfortunately the prime locations went to the national chains and if you were lucky you could get a secondary location or worse yet a terrible location. Don't be affraid to spend more on rent to get the better location but you will find it hard to break into a great location even in an office tower because they usually want the bigger names. Keep your eyes and ears open and let as many people and commercial realtors know you are looking.
Brian

Tweek

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the tips and information :) If you don't mind me asking, in the malls were you running a coffee shop or was it a different type of business? I was hoping to go in front of a large commercial building but its been pretty hard because a lot of the shops in the area have a no-compete clause within a certain radius.

I was thinking about malls as well since there is a lot of foot traffic but I guess it felt a bit risky as the cost to lease can be high, although, it might be worth it if the traffic is high I suppose :)

One issue I am still thinking about is the waste tank, I can't imagine having to haul that thing around at the end of each day... and even if I did, I don't think there would be a place to dump it.

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The stores that I owned were Jewelery stores. Had 4 in different malls. We did see the numbers from a bunch of food kiosks. We were paying $45 per square foot but the top food kiosk payed $245 but the sales per square foot were astronimical and generally small square footage.
I take it you are going for more like a cart type rather than a kiosk/store type location. Just keep your ears and eyes open and a place will become available to you. Don't jump into anything without proper investigation and running some numbers.
Brian