Grounds in coffee?

AxisIndustries

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, my name is David, I am a student in an engineering class; tasked with designing and creating an original product that solves a real world issue. The issue that I am attempting to solve: how to remove grounds in coffee. If you wouldn't mind taking a few moments to fill out the questions below, it would be a big help. Thank you.

1. How often do you drink coffee per week? Pick one.
  • 0-2
  • 2-4
  • 5-7
  • 8+

2. Where do you drink coffee the most? Pick one.
  • At Work
  • At Home
  • Cafe's
  • Other

3. Have you noticed coffee grounds in coffee after it has already been brewed? Pick one.
  • Yes
  • No

4. If you answered yes to the previous question, how much of a nuisance is this issue? Pick one.
  • Not Annoying
  • Mildly Annoying
  • Annoying
  • Very Annoying

5. How likely are you to purchase a product that removes coffee grounds from coffee? Pick one.
  • I wouldn't
  • Unkilely
  • Likely
  • Certainly

Any additional comments?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "AxisIndustries" (David)

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I'm guessing that because you are a new member, it's too soon for you to be able to create a poll within this Forum.

I drink coffee at home everyday (at least 3 cups before I leave for work). I don't have grounds in my coffee, and even if I did, I wouldn't buy another contraption to filter out the grounds. Whenever I decide to use my French Press, I have grounds in the bottom of my cup, but that's part of the experience.

Are you committed to addressing this as a real world issue or are you allowed to come up with something else?

Rose