Are you a coffee snob???

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
This is new thread from one we had little discussions about....
I always refer snob as someone who demands higher standard of whatever he/she has interested on......

Here is the Wiki Def...

A snob believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, class, taste, beauty, nationality, et cetera. Often the form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both.
Popular etymology hold that the word "snob" comes from "sine nobilitate" or "sans noblesse" meaning "without nobility"; however, this is incorrect.

When I read this, I sure not one of them.... lol.....

What do you think???????

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
You believe that some coffees are inferior to others, and you don't make people feel bad because they like those particular coffees, ...so...you're not a coffee snob.

And . . . the coffees don't know that you think they're inferior. Otherwise they'd be crying in their containers.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
We all love coffee and some of us can't wait to get that next cup of coffee... I just had meeting at a very nice coffee house and I ordered cup of Sidamo.... I was excited to see they sell single origin coffee but when I took a sip, I could tell this bean was dark roasted and I accidentally said "damn this is not medium roast" and I could tell that person who was working behind the counter was giving that look..... What are you? Snob????? lol... oh well...... I did enjoy the rest of the cup ...