espresso prices in the US

Floatncoffee

Jan 13, 2013
Melbourne
Visit site
need to do a bit of research im looking for prices of espresso based coffee in america mainly NY..
im tring to find an average price for a

12oz cappacino ; 60ml shot of espresso, steamed frothy milk, chocolate power on top
16 oz of the same
20 oz of the same

how much is added for a mocha?

is there a difference in price between city and suburbs?

just rough numbers will be cool

cheers
Ryan

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a lady from Melbourne stop in our shop the other day. She told me the coffee culture is much different in the US and Melbourne. She said that EVERYONE in Melbourne consumes espresso based drinks and was surprised how much drip/brewed coffee is purchased in the states.

I'm guessing you will have to consider that fact when developing your business model for the US market.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
check different coffee house websites and you will find the prices but we charge 3.00 3.50 and 4.00 dollars in summer we charge 50 cents more for cold frap... so 3.50 4.00 4.50...
Shot of espresso is 1.70 and double is 2.50...

Floatncoffee

Jan 13, 2013
Melbourne
Visit site
Absolutly! I was just saying in another thread how different the cultures are.. Noone here drinks drip coffee it's all espresso which keeps my business open and family fed,, I'm learning bout drip coffee now.. Thanx coffeejunky that's about what I was expecting with the little research I've already done. I've checked a few websites but most don't tell me what sizes and you'll be surprised how many sites dont post its there prices..
My shop in Melbourne I charge 4.00 5.00 5.50. And we are still the cheapest around.. Plus we are one of the only shops here to have a 20oz cup! Most have 10,12,16

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
In US we do not even have 10oz cup and most of the cup starts at 16
We start at 12-16-20-24

The prices are set by Startbucks coffee and most of us just use that as bench mark. If we feel that we have better coffee, then little more but many of us charge little less to compete with Starbucks.
I am not saying everyone but many of us .....