Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Equipment needed for Micro Roaster?

This is a discussion on Equipment needed for Micro Roaster? within the Coffee Industry Forum forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; Originally Posted by expat For your farmer's market, besides "table, logo, banner" as was suggested, you should have a canopy of some sort for when ...

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    For your farmer's market, besides "table, logo, banner" as was suggested, you should have a canopy of some sort for when it rains. Also does the FM supply electricity? Mine doesn't so I have to bring a generator with me to use to boil water.

As to labels for your bags that can be quite time consuming -- it sure is for me -- so you might just want to use a big rubber stamp (if you've got a kraft paper bag) and keep things simple.

For coffee bags at the market I'm sure the bags with the fold over metal 'tangs' will be just fine so you wouldn't need the heat sealer for that. Also those bags breathe since they aren't tightly sealed so you wouldn't need the more expensive bag with the freshness valve. And for online sales, if you're roasting and shipping within a couple three days you could probably stick with the 'tang bag' to start with and then see how things go.

Oh, get to the FM early. The smell of coffee brewing will bring over all the people setting up stalls and you can jump-start your day with some quick 6am cash.

Yes early set up always bring other vendors to your booth first.... that way you make tons of friends at your first set up.... Great point expat...

2. # ADS

wow great idea! thanks!

Coffe Machine

Hi, If your business grow and you ned Weigh filler go to web site proxpack and see MP-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaun View Post
    I am not sure if this can work because of the distance between us but I happen to have a small line for sale. I have (all commercial) a 7k roaster, a grinder, a mixer/blender & a packing machine. The roaster & grinder were bought new & have had very minimal use (like 3-4 times) The packer is a Verticle form fill seal that can make fractional packs as small as 1oz to institutional bags up to 10 lbs. It already has one way valve applicator & a brand new printer that can do printing on your film as the machine is making the bag. I can even supply some film for you to learn the machine on. Either way, this line is being sold & we would make a good deal on the package deal. I registered on this site to seek out the right person for this equipment & yours was the first post I read. Even if we can't make a deal I can help you out with what you need to get started.
    Defaun,
    I might be interested in the machines,if they're still available. Can you send info on roaster and pricing on everything mentioned.

Thanks,
    Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads