First post....question about "to go" cups and drive-thru menu boards
This is a discussion on First post....question about "to go" cups and drive-thru menu boards within the Coffee Industry Forum forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; Rose: I think it can be done. However, in this case, I would really want an experienced barista involved in the day to day operation, ...
- 02-27-2013 05:44 PM #11
Rose: I think it can be done. However, in this case, I would really want an experienced barista involved in the day to day operation, including the planning stage of the business.
A year ago, I had no roasting experience and was planning on opening a shop with an experienced roaster as a partner. Luckily, before any binding contracts were signed, we found out that the roaster and I didn't agree on many important details and basically couldn't work well together. I took a crash course in roasting opened the shop on my own. We are now operating in the black and the business is growing nice and steadily. It can be done.......
- 02-27-2013 05:44 PM # ADS
- 02-27-2013 06:58 PM #12
Your hard work and determination paid off, and you've certainly proven that it can be done!
However, in this case, a "frugal" silent partner who only wants to show up one day a week won't cut it. I agree. There needs to be a third person who knows the coffee business...at least in the beginning.
- By Startup in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 4Last Post: 03-05-2012, 06:26 PM
- By matthoover in forum Business to Business B2BReplies: 4Last Post: 04-14-2009, 04:16 PM
- By AJPRATT in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 23Last Post: 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM
- By Christos in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 1Last Post: 05-09-2008, 08:42 AM
- By DjPiLL in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 5Last Post: 04-05-2007, 06:28 PM