Need Help Selecting a Label Printer

JerryB

Nov 10, 2012
Near Salt Lake City
Visit site
I am starting up an online coffee shop and I am thinking about printing my own labels due to the variety that I will be needing. I am looking at these printers Primera LX400 Label Inkjet Printer or Primera LX900 Label Inkjet Printer and wondered if anyone has any experience with them or suggestions of others for me to consider.

Thanks for your help,

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello JerryB,

I don't recall reading any recent discussions regarding label printers. Hopefully, some of our members will have some experience with one of the models you're considering.

Rose

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I print LOTS of labels. I use an Epson 4-colour inkjet with a continuous ink system. It has been a very good solution to my label needs and doesn't lock me in to just a purpose built label printer. The continuous ink system is a must. You'll go broke buying replacement ink cartridges from the manufacturer or an after-market dealer. $50 of ink prints about 2,000 pages of 4x labels per page printing at high resolution. It isn't the fastest thing in the world but if you're always changing labels (or refining them, as the case may be) it's a good solution.

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Labeling printer depends on your choice and what printer you are getting used to. If you want to save in printing, there are printers using a continuous ink like the canon label printing. Using continuous ink saves a lot because you can buy refill inks at lower cost. But if you want high-speed label printing, choose the Epson Label Printers.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
The only drawback with that printer is the single cartridge. You want to get a printer that is cymk. 4 different cartridges. I use a HP CP2025 laser.
JMO

ccooper

Aug 6, 2013
Oakland, CA
Visit site
I have a Primera LX900. It's not bad, but of course not even close to the quality of pre-printed labels by the professionals. You do tend to run out of the ink cartridges pretty quickly, unless you design your labels with a lot of whitespace. There are usually minor registration problems. You need to keep the printer turned on 24 hours a day, but that's not a big issue. One problem is that the colors you see printed won't be the same as you see on your screen, so you'll need to do some tweaking while recognizing that there are some colors that you just can't achieve.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
designed my labels on the computer and sent them to a printer who basically digitally photo copied them. Cost .17 a piece with many colors. Doesn't pay to buy a printer at this cost. My other labels has a blank insert for other coffees which I just use a marker for now, all the other detail stays the same.
bag label.jpg

coffeemannw

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to dredge up this old thread. Are there others out there using a specific label printer? We have been using a VP485 by VIPColor for the past few years. For the most part we are happy with it. I can't quite get commercial quality with it, but I also have thrown rolls and rolls of labels in the trash. We are able to make changes and print small runs very easily. I'm looking to upgrade. Anyone else have experience with other printers?

FaithKelly

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Based on my experience, the best model is Samsung M2070. Good quality, easy in use. You don't need an expensive and cool printer to print a coffee label. You can choose something simpler. However, I chose a very good business card printer. I searched for a long time, but the ones I liked were very expensive. I found a good store that has a large selection of printers, as well as inks, toners and cartridges. I am very happy with this printer and I advise you to look at it too. Here is the link to the store [url]https://www.mrdepot.ca[/URL]

Last edited:

ashermason00

Aug 14, 2022
Pakistan
Visit site
Making stickers can be a challenging task without accurate material and machinery. Printing stickers using a regular printer machine may fulfill the goal but, the stickers will be weak and will not last. By choosing the appropriate material and devices, you can save considerable time and resources and make top-notch stickers on your own.

vomaxa

Jul 23, 2022
United States
Visit site
I have a Primera LX900. It's not bad, but of course not even close to the quality of pre-printed labels by the professionals. You do tend to run out of the ink cartridges pretty quickly, unless you design your labels with a lot of whitespace label printer for small business. There are usually minor registration problems. You need to keep the printer turned on 24 hours a day, but that's not a big issue. One problem is that the colors you see printed won't be the same as you see on your screen, so you'll need to do some tweaking while recognizing that there are some colors that you just can't achieve.
Hello, I am Looking for a Low Cost like around $300.00 Max for a Small Business that need's to Print bottle Labels any idea's or input would be great thanks for looking . Labels are going to be used on bottle sizes 5 ML to 100 ML , Mostly 30 ML Bottles .