mobile espresso machine question

jimbo

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been asked to supply a Red Bull event with espresso. (ironic, I know). It is a remote location with no water or power. Electrical issues can be handled, but I don't think my two group espresso machine will work properly without a pressurized water source. It seems like, if I don't have a check valve on the water line, the water would just siphon out of the machine into the bucket I would pump from. How would the tank fill? How are espresso machine set up on coffee carts? what kind of water supply do they use? They called me Saturday and need us up there by thurs.
Thanks for any info.

Mainiac

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Mobile espresso

I have been asked to supply a Red Bull event with espresso. (ironic, I know). It is a remote location with no water or power. Electrical issues can be handled, but I don't think my two group espresso machine will work properly without a pressurized water source. It seems like, if I don't have a check valve on the water line, the water would just siphon out of the machine into the bucket I would pump from. How would the tank fill? How are espresso machine set up on coffee carts? what kind of water supply do they use? They called me Saturday and need us up there by thurs.
Thanks for any info.

I bought something called Flojet and it uses a standard office water jug and comes with a pump and uses standard press connections. It was a great solution to the mobile espresso bar I have.