We just got into k-cups and need a suggestion on the package quantity.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm not too sure about the 4 pack for travelers.

Do people bring their coffee makers along with them when they travel? If so, wouldn't they just throw a bunch of K-cups into a bag and bring them too?

Buybulkstuff

We sell into hotel lobby store across the USA and sold over 8000 K-cup machines to our clients over this past year as it is becoming a new trend on higher end boutique hotels to have these machines for their customers in the room. We wanted to offer a 4 cups in our traveler stores in hotels that us why we want to make a 4 unit option.

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If they have the machines for the hotel guests, wouldn't they also be supplying the K-Cups to go along with them?

I think that is what he meant. They are thinking about offering 4-packs at the hotels, for purchase by guests who want to use the k-cup brewers in their room. I could be wrong.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Most hotels that provide a small coffee setup for the in-room machines, give you a few things of coffee, and then you have to either ask the housekeeper for more or go down to the lobby and ask the Front Desk person for more. I've never been in a hotel where you are required to buy more coffee for the room. They basically ration it out, so people don't take a lot home with them, but with some effort, you usually get it for free. (which isn't really free, considering the price of the room)

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with Rose.

If I get 2 free ones when I get to my room and I use them up, I would expect it to be restocked for every day I stay there. If I run out for the day and I want a couple more, I see no problem with getting it from the maid or the front desk for free. If it's too expensive for a hotel to do that, then they should just stick with a standard 2-4 cup mini brewer and not offer a Keurig at all. Or they should just put the Keurig in their more expensive suites.