I found Coffee Beans for $0.08 a pound Anyone want some?

paypalboutique

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how many people here would actually want these beans, but $0.08 a pound is a nice price. I found a website where you can contact a bunch of different farms and they offer beans $3,000-$3,500 for 20 metric tons any country from Costa Rica to Asian. Anyone's thoughts on it?

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
I'm not sure how many people here would actually want these beans, but $0.08 a pound is a nice price. I found a website where you can contact a bunch of different farms and they offer beans $3,000-$3,500 for 20 metric tons any country from Costa Rica to Asian. Anyone's thoughts on it?
where's the link to the website?

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
These are likely Robusta that makes Vietnamese grown coffee seem world class.
You're better off going to the dumpster behind the local Starbucks and getting their old grounds, drying them in a dehydrator, and packaging them as your own. This way, what minimal dignity you have, wouldn't suffer. .08 beans... worse than that.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I know that you think 8¢ a pound is a good price, but there are probably hidden charges and problems attached to that "deal." If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

paypalboutique

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Well some offer $3,000-$3,500 for 19.2 metric ton minimum order, so 19.2 metric ton is 42,328 pounds.so it's $0.08 a pound for $3,500 unless my math is off. They offer Robusta and Arabica, you an choose the processing type as well.

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
normally they get rid of sub-par beans this way.
They get the best price on highest quality and whatever left behind gets this type of treatment.
Same goes for the other commodities.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
I don't know about you, but coffee is culinary. Coffee as commodity should be reserved for General Mills, Sara Lee, and those types of volume beats everything producers.

PPP, it's obvious you don't give a sh!t about coffee. You might as well buy a puppy mill or run a sweatshop for blind Cambodian children. As I have been harping on lately. This site attracts some real *winners* .

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
1) Buy cheap, crappy coffee beans
2) ?
3) Profit

Of course somebody will buy this crap and make a profit. But I'd question whether or not anyone on this forum who is serious about coffee would consider this stuff. I like making a profit on my green sales and roasted coffee sales as much as the next guy. But I wouldn't sell anything like this, because I like my reputation more than I like profit.