Coffee House Operator

PDR

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello All - I have been lurking on this site for about a week now and finally signed up yesterday. I must admit, I am not a coffee connoisseur in any way. I really do not enjoy the taste, but love the smell of fresh ground beans and coffee being brewed. How could anyone not like the smell? Anyway, I work for a real estate developer in FL and we are breaking ground on a new mixed use development in NC. We designed one of the spaces for a coffee house. One concept we have considered is having a Coffee House and Wine Shop combo. So after 5 or something we start selling wine and beer. We are excellent property managers and developers. We are terrible coffee house operators! We have absolutely ZERO experience! So I thought I would post on this forum to see if there was any interest from someone that is experienced in the industry with branching out and managing a brand new concept. Or, if someone has any referrals for an operator. We are still doing site work, so there is some time to get things put together. My apologies if I have posted this in the wrong location or if I overstepped the boundaries of this forum....I am a nOOb to the site!:decaf: TIA.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I think it's in North Carolina....if I read it correctly. CJ everyone says they want to get away from where they are to move to Florida. You sure you could handle the weather? You understand for example...it's 87 degrees outside.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Brian...I hate to rub it in..but I am in my living room and I have the A/C set at 74.

Grrrrrr...... You have to rub it in, Topher!

Yesterday, I slipped on some ice and fell down with a hard thump. I banged up my wrist and knee pretty bad. I was at home, which is where they say most accidents happen! I hate winter!

Grrrrr.....
Rose

PDR

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response everyone! The property is actually in Cary, NC. About 10 mins. outside Raleigh. We do have some space available in Florida - 2,000 Sq. Ft. Right on the water in Tampa, FL. It's a beautiful day down here right now!

All the weather aside, does anyone know of operators?

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 10.45.37 AM.jpg

PDR

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thats bayshore...killer location. If you open in Tampa I might know a few people.

Yep, we have a space right on Bayshore and Platt. We are trying to lease that space now. If you know someone that may be interested I would love to talk with them.