What are to permits or legal requirements to open coffee roasting company in Canada?

arthur103

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
well I have been working and trained as a coffee roaster in an Asian country for many years now and Now I am thinking about going back to Vancouver Bc Canada and start my own business there.
But since I've been working as a roaster in Asian country I am not so familia with food production laws In Northern America and hope to know what are the permits I should get before I start my own factory
and where should I check out to get more details on legal requirements to start food production company?
I am not only thinking about roasting beans but do massive production of iced drip(dutch coffee) and supply to stores or do online sales
Any links or experience would help

Thank you for your time

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello arthur103 and welcome:
Every city has different requirements as well as different parts of a city might allow or disallow a roaster. Your best bet would be to talk to the health department and maybe a local realtor who could put you in touch with the city bylaw and ordinance people as long as you are out of country. If you are in the country you could go to city hall and speak to them directly.

Latest posts