New way of brewing?

Robertlee

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
There is a dangerous grounds episode where they go into this system in detail. Costly is an understatement. The one shown runs around 20K. It's selling point is quickly being able to customize barrista drinks at the counter.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
There is a dangerous grounds episode where they go into this system in detail. Costly is an understatement. The one shown runs around 20K. It's selling point is quickly being able to customize barrista drinks at the counter.

I don't think I'm getting to the same link as you. I see some kind of bag with grinds in it that you pour hot water in. Sounds like you are referring to the SteamPunk.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Not sure what you clicked but your thinking of the Steampunk. The link above goes to a coffee bag of preground that you fill with boiling water, let steep, then pour out through it's built in filter.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
here is a link to the coffee bags selling on ebay. price isn't too bad. l could see using it while camping or hiking.
growers cup coffee | eBay

That is what I was thinking about.
Maybe some of the roaster can boost their business by adding this to their portfolio. I used to take my french press and my coffee when I am on vacation but now i can take this if I can put my own beans in there.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
here is a link to the coffee bags selling on ebay. price isn't too bad. l could see using it while camping or hiking.
growers cup coffee | eBay

That is what I was thinking about.
Maybe some of the roaster can boost their business by adding this to their portfolio. I used to take my french press and my coffee when I am on vacation but now i can take this if I can put my own beans in there.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
One of the Dutch company have patented this product.
I don't know if this will be out on the field anytime soon. But what are great way to promote your business for people who are always on the go.

Bob_E

Dec 14, 2013
Michigan
Visit site
That bag would be great for camping/traveling, I would definitely clean and keep after the first use in order to use it with my own coffee in the future.