Coffee Fundraiser

cafeaulait

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm on the PTA at my daughter's elementary school and we are looking to do a summer fundraiser to put towards some fall programs. I am on the committee to find fundraiser ideas. Being a coffee enthusiast, I naturally searched "coffee fundraiser". ;-) I came up with the following programs that seemed decent:

www.coffeebeanery.com
www.drivencoffee.com/fundraising
www.schoolspiritcoffee.com
www.groundsforchange.com

1) Have you ever done a coffee fundraiser?
2) If so, who did you go with & why?
3) How did it turn out? Did you raise more money selling coffee over something traditional, like candy bars?

I'm sure I'm missing some programs from the above list, so feel free to suggest any others as well.

Cheers!

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
First off, love the idea. I'm a small roaster in Northern CA, and my suggestion is to approach local roasters and tell them what you're up to. I think pretty much any roaster would cut you a nice deal for a fundraiser. Go local, turn local people onto local fresh roasted coffee!

With my company, you could buy for around 7-8 bucks a bag and sell for something like $12 or more depending on your coffee climate.

cafeaulait

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Nice. That's the kind of margin I would be looking for (as that is on par with the traditional candy fundraisers & whatnot). I'm in the Midwest, but even a roaster out West could ship to us... although the cost of shipping would cut into our margins. Great idea on approaching local roasters and letting them hear my idea. I think I'll try that & see what I can come up with. Cheers!

Ronc23

Oct 1, 2013
Michigan
Visit site
that's a great initiative! It's interesting as I really started roasting as a fun little hobby and now I'm roasting as my Make A Wish bike ride fundraising. I see it as a win/win because it's easier for people to say yes to a product that they would consume as opposed to just asking for money. There is definitely more work involved but it's worth it in the end. I've had some great local support with it.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I am actually going to work with local roaster for the fundraising event for our children's sports and orchestra.
I think 30 percent return on their sales would be great for the school and I am sick of eating those candy bars.
I hope i can get enough interest.

cafeaulait

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm on the PTA at my daughter's elementary school and we are looking to do a summer fundraiser to put towards some fall programs. I am on the committee to find fundraiser ideas. Being a coffee enthusiast, I naturally searched "coffee fundraiser". ;-) I came up with the following programs that seemed decent:

www.coffeebeanery.com
www.drivencoffee.com/fundraising
www.schoolspiritcoffee.com
www.groundsforchange.com

1) Have you ever done a coffee fundraiser?
2) If so, who did you go with & why?
3) How did it turn out? Did you raise more money selling coffee over something traditional, like candy bars?

I'm sure I'm missing some programs from the above list, so feel free to suggest any others as well.

Cheers!

Update: After vetting these roasters & their various fundraising opportunities, I've decided to move forward with Driven Coffee as my recommendation to the PTA for our summer fundraiser. We meet next week to discuss our findings and should have a decision by the first week in May. I'll definitely report back as to if we end up going with them and what the results of the fundraiser are.