finally moving in the right direction

authentic

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Fingers crossed, plan has been developed, numbers crunched, word of mouth is out, excitement is building...proposal is going out of my hands to the other side tomorrow. Thank you Coffee forum and all who advised me for my dream! Keep you posted

authentic

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys! I am submitting my offer with numbers that work for me and are more realistic to the industry, market and area. I have officially registered business today as Varadero Cafe LTD
It will be authentic Cuban coffee with tropical vibe, healthy food choices among desserts and of course Cuban panini sandwiches. Planing to keep doors open from 7am to 7pm and Thursday, Friday & Saturdays extending into late hours till 11:30pm with live entertainment and authentic Cuba Libre, mojitos, and other cocktails...for this I know I need a liquor liscence. But I wanted something different. Fun, and attractive to young and older crowed. It will be upscale coffee shop & more

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I am assuming this is going to be in Florida or Texas. It is great idea to have sandwich and liquor drinks but that really going to put you in different category for some coffee drinkers.
Do you want to be a coffee house first and serving food or do you want to be restaurant serving coffee. You need to decide on that first to be able to distinguish yourself.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I added liquor to a coffee shop and it killed it. All drinks with alcohol had to have coffee in then...Godiva and Cointreau in coffee was awesome.

authentic

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Oh no no guys. It will be a coffee shop 7day/week. Special even place will only be taking 3 evenings a week. No other times and no other days. It will be called Varadero night event. Coffee shop will be opened until 7pm every day. Laid back atmosphere during days. I am in Canada. The sesponse I am getting back is great, so we will see.