Requirements for coffee shop drive thru

rdelight

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I am newbie in the business at all, but i am very motivated to open a drive thru in Florida, selling quality espresso drinks and smoothies as well, to have an organic choices and such.
I would like to know if there are any requirements like refrigerator has to be commercial or not, is there certain count of sink i have to have, size and material of the boards, space inside, should i have certain count of parking spaces if it's drive thru only.
I am planning to use 10x12 barn from HomeDepot and build all the shelfs and boards inside myself and make it self containing.

Thank you!

BFRoasters

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a question for your city or county not random people in other locations. Everywhere is different. Start with your city and work from there, then I'm sure people here would love to answer specific questions. Your question is just too general right now.

On a side note, where in Florida?

Last edited:

rdelight

May 29, 2014
Visit site
North west Florida. Question is general at all, i just need to know what am i messing with. I see many small coffee drive thrus everywhere around the country positioned on different places like gas stations, big parking lots i such, and some of them are really small, others are huge and all of them should be licensed and cover the requirements.
Where should i look for these requirements?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Check with your local health dept... they usually handle all food safety issues. In general, most place require NSF food safety refrigeration and a minimum of 3 compartment sink for warewash, a hand sink, and a mop sink. Check out a book called Bean Business Basics... its not drive thru focused but a good resource for the coffee business.