Highest Traffic Rates Per Hour???

jmarber

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I searched a lot of forum threads that talked about foot traffic, drive thru etc., but I couldnt find anything that specifcally addressed the highest traffic times for coffee shops. If anyone has any data that shows "sales per hour of the day" or "traffic/visitors per hour of the day", I think that might help a lot of us in determining most profitable and successful hours of operation. Plus staffing too. Thank you for any feedback.

Examples may include:
7-8 AM - $750 average sales each day - 54 individual purchases
8-9 AM - $643 average sales each day - 41 individual purchases
9-10 AM - $350 average sales each day - 25 individual purchases
etc...

PonyExpress

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Bump- this could be very informative if anyone will share! I plan on averaging about 10 drinks an hour throughout the day, with busy traffic flow is that unreasonable? And the key word average- I am aware that the morning will be busier than, say, 1pm-2pm. I plan on being open 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
Welcome to the boards Pony Express & Jmarber

You may want to work the problem backwards after you figure out all your expenses.

monthly expense

rent
electric
labor
insurance
phones
cleaning supplies
water and trash
advertising
Total

Take the above expense (every shop will be diff) $16,700 / $4 = 4,175 / 30 days = 140 drinks per day / 12 hours open per day / 12 drinks per hour

When I started my reply your numbers looked off, BUT depending on your expenses 10 drinks per hour may be good. Jmarber's example is of a busy shop and can be done easily in a good location.

Latest posts