Coffee Equipment Recommendation!

Mikho

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I need a good website or magazine subscription to shop for equipment!
I am opening a coffee shop and I need to find trusted and good websites to buy bulk starting equipment!
Please and thanks!!!!:coffeemug:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Mikho,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

We have a lot of members of this Forum who have experience buying equipment for coffee shops.

Where are you located?

When are you planning to open your coffee shop?

You say you want to buy "bulk starting equipment." What items in particular are you looking to buy?

Rose

butterbescotch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I know this is not my thread, but I have the same query.

Our proposed coffee shop is in the Philippines, although we have no definite date for the opening. Do you know any suppliers in the country? I was thinking of Espresso Machine and a Coffee Shop Grinder. Also, do you know any trusted Coffee Bean suppliers?

Thanks for your time!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hey welcome to forum.
i have been an active member for 3 month, but only came across one person from philippine. he was just like you, trying to get his coffee shop going, but few threads and went away. Hope that you don't.
hope that someone here can give you a constructive ideas and some good info, but I kind of doubt it.
anyway, welcome and hopefully you can actively participate here in the forum.
thanks and good luck.
alex from ensoluna

butterbescotch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ensoluna! Thanks for the warm welcome. To tell you upfront though, I am not a die hard coffee fan. I just recently knew about coffee shops because of our feasibility study, however I did developed a genuine interest for the subject. For instance, although their are coffee shops near the school, students doesn't really flock to these establishments. They frequent to those coffee shop that requires you to travel. That really intrigued me. I was also surprised why coffee shop owners choose round tables instead of the square one. That kind of thing.

So far as our survey goes, people doesn't really distinguish coffees of different coffee shops. We do have Starbucks in the town. As far as our analysis goes, most people visit the coffee shop not necessarily for the the coffee/food but for the ambience. Needless to say, having a certain standard for coffees and food is a must.

Do you have a website on your coffeeshop? Would love to take a look.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a website on your coffeeshop? Would love to take a look.

hi again, Don't have a coffee shop, but i have 400 acres of coffee farm / coffee school and a specialty exporting company in Guatemala. :+) ha ha ha
just go into my profile and check out the website and facebook.
whether you really like coffee or not, it might be an interesting read....
take care. and get to know "coffee" and participate here as much as you can. coffeeforums will surprise you in a way you never expect... only if you get involved... positively.
thanks
alex
alex

butterbescotch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
^Really, a farm and a school? You must really know a lot about coffees. Just wondering, how many years would it take for both Arabica and Robusta coffee trees before they would bring fruits, respectively? I read that it will take 5 years. Is that true?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
true. 5 to 25 years are the best years for coffee trees.
there are infinite information here in the forum. you can do some research and be able to learn a lot about coffee.
I am in Guatemala and it is 10:40 pm. i got long day tomorrow, so it will be my last posting.
take care and i will see you around here.
bye.

Mikho

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
@PinkRose
Hey Rose, here are the answers to your questions :p Hope this helps!

-"Where are you located?"

My location is in Illinois, United States. I am planning on opening a shop in California and Illinois.

-"When are you planning to open your coffee shop?"

I am planning on opening one coffee shop in roughly 2017. If that is successful another one in California.

"You say you want to buy "bulk starting equipment." What items in particular are you looking to buy?"
- By bulk I mean places I can buy multiple equipment from the same distributor. I.E. Containers for steam milk, Espresso shot glasses, Cup Sleeves, Cups, etc...

I am very experienced with coffee but not so with the equipment market. I know espresso machines pretty well, but I do not know good places to buy equipment from such as listed above. A lot to buy, not enough information from who! Thanks all!

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Mikho,

I would recommend EspressoParts and/or Visions Espresso for your small wares.
For paper goods, there are many options. Take advantage of trade shows such as CoffeeFest or the SCAA Annual Event to find vendors that meet your needs.

Aug 6, 2014
Markham
Visit site
There are many coffee machines in the market, and you have to choose the best coffee machine for your business. Therefore, at first you have to consult with coffee machine’s expert or expert in coffee industry. Expert gives proper direction for your solution.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I'm sorry Officecoffeeservices...but that was a bit obvious. That is why they posted the question...there are many experts on this forum

Mikho

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Yea thanks @topher haha. I already have the machine I want, I just want to find a major distributor of products, bulk buying. At-least for small stuff such as espresso presser and the rubber pads for espresso machines. Small stuff I can buy from one distrubtor. Seems like a hassle buying 200 things from 50 different places.