Looking For Marketing/Promotion Suggestions

BikeNerd

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I have a small roasting operation which focuses on delivering the freshest ethically grown coffee by bicycle. Our goal is to stay small and focus primarily on our immediate community and skip the mail order/online business. Are business plan is to serve businesses with existing coffee stations and individuals (utilizing local farm stands as drop off/pick up locations).

After this brief description of our business, does anyone have any insight on what the most cost effective methods of getting your name out there are? We have a website and your normal social media outlets, but are looking for a little something extra. Has anyone had any success from... advertising in local papers/magazines? Charity events? Door to door sample giveaways?

I have heard mixed opinions on what has/has not worked from other roasters and just wanted to see from others what their thoughts were on this subject.

Thanks for your help,

Bikenerd

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "BikeNerd"

It sounds like you're saying that you take the roasted coffee by bike to a local farm stand, and then the person who ordered the coffee has to go there to pick it up.

Does the local farm stand get a piece of the profits for being the middle man?

BikeNerd

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there Pinkrose,

That all depends on the farm stand. Some of the larger ones I am guessing would possibly want a cut, but one of the amazing things about great coffee is that people always like to trade. We pretty much are up for negotiation weather it be financial, material, or just driving additional traffic to their stand for individual's pick up.

We are mainly looking for ways to perk up (ha. coffee) businesses and individuals and let them know what we are all about and that we are here in town to support the community.