Feedback on Curtis Gold Cup Single Cup Brewer

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has installed and/or used a Curtis Gold Cup Single Cup Brewery. I'm looking for a solution to consistancy brew SO / pour over type brew. Good / Bad / Ugly... I welcome all comments.

Mike

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
had one for a demo and will be ordering one soon after my build out is complete. You can preset multiple programs for different beans, does 2 cups at a time and can simulate pour overs via program set up. Does a nice job. I plan on using it for a last minute cup. The only draw back is if you put the cup underneath, lets use a 20oz, you get a right to the top cup of coffee, co if the customer wanted a dairy product added to it..overflow!! easiest way is to pour into a carafe then cup it. Uses Melitta # 4 filters and you could adapt a Hario carafe and filter easily. They have a new version which looks like two desk lamps on a counter. The boiler is underneath. Same principal of operation.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on the overflow... I hadn't thought of that issue. How well & easy was it to dial in flavor profiles using the pulse / water patterns? I noticed there 'lamp' model but haven't seen a price.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I spoke to my Curtis rep about this... the only solution is duplicating your recipes to make 'short' drinks and reduce the water volume on those recipes. No quick 'short my drink 2 oz' type button/option.

Latest posts