coffee lounge and wine bar

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
No offense, but ideas sell for about a dime a dozen. We refinanced our home in order to start up a coffee roasting business a couple of years back.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that's not what you wanted to hear, but the advice is sound, imo.

Look at it this way... If you start up a business with your idea and someone else's money, what risk are you taking? None, really. If it fails, you are out time, your "partner" is taking all of the financial risk. And with that risk may come a desire for control of the operation. So find a way to borrow the money yourself, if possible. And then prepare to set out on a venture that will be lucky to cover all of its bills the first couple if years, let alone turn a profit large enough to pay all of your personal bills as well.

Good luck.

cburton

Oct 10, 2014
Montgomery Al
Visit site
I respect hus opinion and yours the funding is a issue but not as much as getting a good business plan I dont mind investing in my dreams just would like insight on the best ways to run a coffee lounge and find secondary funding and help ive been a chef for 12 by years I know the back. Of the house everything is is an awe

cburton

Oct 10, 2014
Montgomery Al
Visit site
I respect hus opinion and yours the funding is a issue but not as much as getting a good business plan I dont mind investing in my dreams just would like insight on the best ways to run a coffee lounge and find secondary funding and help ive been a chef for 12 by years I know the back. Of the house everything is is am lost

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm a coffee roaster with decades of experience in the wine industry. We also have a business plan for a coffee shop/wine bar that I'd like to implement, but we won't do it with investors. I'd consider a partner or take out a loan, but not investors.

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
I have a great coffee lounge winebar concept looking for help and advice on how to get start up funding help with .business plan .

2 choices in funding: Borrow or Save. Both have their pro's and con's.

Borrow: 1. Investors 2. Family 3. Loan Sharks :)
Pro: You get money now! Or at least when your business plan and credit are up to par...
Con: You owe money at an interest rate. In the case of #3, if not paid on time, could force you to invest in crutches :)

Save: Moonlight a second job or invest.
Pro: You don't owe money! You can take your time on opening your doors, allowing you to shop around for furniture and equipment
Con: Takes a while to save. Winebars and Coffeehouses aren't cheap. 40-90k in equipment, probably the same in inventory, rent and staff.

I have the same idea, but I'd like to tackle the coffee house first. Then once profitable, I'll reinvest into the wine. Possibly just open a second business. I'll have to see once I get there. I do know this, coffeehouses start early 4-5am. Winebars close late 2-3am. I'm guessing the first year, I'll want to save on money on staff, you figure each employee cost you 30-40k a year. So, if I'm working those hours, its going to be a looong day. But I'm sure you've probably already considered this.

Howard Schultz used investors. Built an empire from it. If your good at sales, you may want to consider approaching entrepreneurs. They're always looking for something to invest in...

Hope it helps man!