Fair pricing for vended coffee to consumers?

NEPSTER

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I am using 7 oz cups in a fresh brew vending machine. I am charging .50 for regular strength cup of coffee and .60 for a stronger cup of coffee.

cafe mocha .90
french vanilla .90
hot chocolate .90

are my prices in line?

NEPSTER

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't own any websites. I work in an building as a GM. I bought a machine so everyone could share in the cost of purchasing coffee. All I wanted to know was what a fair price would be.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I don't own any websites. I work in an building as a GM. I bought a machine so everyone could share in the cost of purchasing coffee. All I wanted to know was what a fair price would be.

Okay, I'll play.

It would be better if you could figure out your cost for the coffee, milk products, cups, sweeteners, etc. and then come up with a price for each kind of drink.

Why are you considering 90¢ for each flavored drink, when you could just charge an even dollar? Your prices are very reasonable. I'm thinking that someone who only wanted a small cup of coffee would be happy to pay 50¢, as long as the coffee tastes good.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I do not mean to be a Debbie Downer but the reason the coffee is so inexpensive in vending machines is because the quality is so low. I do not have a lot of experience in vending machines but I did roast for a very short time for a company that had one of the largest vending businesses in that state. When I arrived I asked why they had so much robusta in inventory and they said that for vending machines you can't use 100% arabica. It needs to be more Robusta. The coffee tasted horrible. I get it there is a market for it...not one I want to be in though. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate in posting them. Good luck and welcome to the forums ;)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I've never liked the coffee from a vending machine, (college campus, hospitals, etc.) but the hot chocolate was tolerable from time to time.

But, if it's the only coffee that available in the entire building, people will go for the low prices and just load their coffee up with extra sweeteners and milk.

Latest posts